20 mins prep | 10 minutes - stand
YIELD: 6 servings
- 2 tablespoons minced shallot (about 1/2 shallot)
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons sherry vinegar
- 2 teaspoons grainy Dijon mustard
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 4 cups baby Spinach leaves, remove stalks
- 2 cups Arugula leaves, remove stalks
- 1 cup roughly chopped Par-Cel
- 2 cups apple
- 4 oz Gorgonzola cheese, crumbled (or vegetarian cheese)
- Combine shallot, salt and sherry vinegar in a small bowl.
- Let stand for 10 minutes.
- Whisk in mustard and olive oil, set vinaigrette to one side.
- Rinse Spinach, Arugula and Par-Cel.
- Spin dry in a salad spinner, or pat dry with paper towel.
- Combine, Spinach, Arugula and Par-Cel in a large bowl.
- Add apple and cheese.
- Pour vinaigrette dressing over salad and toss.
- Serve immediatly.
The salad leaves and Par-Cel, pair well with apples, mustard and blue cheese. This is delicious and fast to make.