1 hour | 45 min prep
- 1/4 cup orange juice (from 1 large orange)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 large garlic cloves
- 1 tablespoon fresh Oregano Thumbles leaves packed (or choose an Oregano from the list below)
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon orange zest, grated
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper, freshly ground
- 1 1/2 lbs flank steaks
- In a blender, combine orange juice, olive oil, garlic cloves, oregano, cumin, salt, orange zest and pepper.
- Blend until smooth and pour marinade into a large zip-lock bag.
- Place flank steak into the bag with the marinade and zip shut.
- Let sit, at room temperature, for about 30 minutes, turn the bag over often.
- Light or preheat grill or barbeque.
- Or you can cover and refrigerate steak for several hours or overnight.
- When ready to cook, brush off any excess marinade solids from steak.
- Grill over high heat, turning once, until done to taste, approximately 3 minutes each side for rare.
- Let meat rest for a few minutes.
- Slice in thin slices across the grain to serve.
A wonderful barbeque or grilled dish, that goes well with barbequed/roasted potatoes, and caesar salad.
Spicy Oregano:- Oregano - Cuban, Oregano - Greek, Oregano - Hot & Spicy, Oregano - Italian.
Mild Oregano:- Oregano - Compact, Oregano - Golden, Oregano - Thumbles Gold, Oregano - Variegated.