30 min | 20 min prep
- 4 large tomatoes
- salt and black pepper
- 4 large tinned anchovy fillets, drained
- 1 tablespoon freshly chopped parsley
- olive oil
- Place a large piece of foil on a flat surface and season with the salt and pepper.
- Drizzle with a little oil (to stop the tomatoes sticking to foil).
- Halve the tomatoes.
- With the cut side up, place the tomatoes on the foil.
- Chop the anchovies and combine with the parsley, a little pepper.
- Divide the chopped anchovies and parsley between each tomato and drizzle each with olive oil.
- Bring the edges of the foil up over the tomatoes and fold the edges together, sealing them together to make a parcel.
- Place over hot coals for 10-15 minutes or until just softened.
- Serve immediately.
Here is an awesome and easy recipe, that can cook right along with your other dishes that you're making on the barbeque. Or it is great as a light meal, especially if served with toast or crispy bread.