30 min | 10 min prep
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 Bayleaf leaves
- 1 1/2 lbs bay scallops
- cooking spray
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 cup toasted bread crumbs
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon rind
- 1/2 tablespoon Chives (fresh)
- Place butter and Bayleaf leaves in a small saucepan over medium-low heat and cook 5 minutes (or until butter melts). Remove from heat and let stand 30 minutes. Skim solids off the top and discard solids and Bayleaf leaves.
- Lightly coat scallops with cooking spray. Heat a large, heavy skillet over high heat. Add half the scallops to the pan and fry for 1 minute or until browned on both sides, turning once. Place in a bowl.
- Repeat procedure with remaining scallops.
- Sprinkle scallops with salt. Add juice and half of butter to scallops. Toss to coat.
- Combine toasted bread crumbs and remaining butter. Add bread crumb mixture to pan; cook for 2 minutes or until bread crumbs are golden brown, stirring occasionally. Remove bread crumbs from pan.
- Place 1/3 cup scallops into each of 8 ramekins.
- Top each serving with 1.5 teaspoons bread crumbs and 1/8 teaspoon lemon rind. Sprinkle with chives.