20 min | 20 min prep
- 2 ripe medium avocados halved, seeded, and peeled
- 3/4 cup snipped fresh Basil
- 1/2 cup chopped tomato seeded
- 2 tablespoons chopped green onions
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 1/4-1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes or few drops bottled hot pepper sauce
- tortilla chips
- In a bowl mash avocado with a fork.
- Stir in Basil, tomato, green onion, lime juice, salt, and red pepper.
- Serve immediately with tortilla chips.
- Makes about 2 cups.
Basil varieties that work best with this recipe:- Basil - Genovese, Basil - Large leaf Italian, Basil - Lettuce Leaf, Basil - Red Rubin. Or try Basil - Lemon, or Basil - Lime, for a citrus twist!
The addition of Basil gives this a refreshing flavour. Great as a dip to go with vegetables and crackers, or try on top of eggs, burritos and quesadillas.